The New Paltz Police Department is a professional department dedicated
to providing the highest quality police services to the people we serve.
We are committed to preserving peace, order and safety; enforcing laws
and ordinances and safeguarding constitutional rights. We will serve
all people with respect, fairness and compassion. We are committed to
the full time practice of our core values.
To help accomplish our mission, the New Paltz Police Department is
committed to these core values that guide our work and decisions:
- We are responsible and dependable people who are accountable
for everything we do, to each other and to the people we serve.
- We will strive to be fair in all of our actions.
- Our success depends on the trust and confidence of the citizens
that we serve; we must be honest and exhibit behavior that is beyond
reproach and reflects the integrity of police professionals.
- Keeping the public peace is our duty. This requires us, as individuals,
to set aside personality and personal feelings to objectively perform
our duty as police officers.
- Openness and Accessibility:
- The New Paltz Police Department will strive to conduct our affairs
publicly and be accessible to the public.
- Problem Solving:
- We are most efficient when we help identify and solve community
- We will be responsive to the needs of the community, working
together to solve problems of mutual concern.
- We recognize the importance of each employee as an individual
and team player. We believe in organizational teamwork, mutual support
and open communication to ensure effective police services to the